Find answers for Blackboard, Turnitin, MyMediasite, and more.
How to Request a Blackboard Course
- Login to http://accessuh.uh.edu and click on the “Blackboard Request Access” icon to access the course request system.
- Enter your PeopleSoft ID.
- On the following screen, click on the course name (it will be a clickable link).
- On the Shell Information page, note all courses will be created in Blackboard Learn by default.
- If applicable, click Yes to combine the course with another section. Then click the Select a Course to Merge button and find your other course section.
- If you are creating a blank shell or copying a course from Vista, click the Starting template radio button and select a template from the drop down list, if desired.
- If you want to copy content from another Learn course, click the Copy from my previous course radio button and select the course you want to copy from the drop-down list.
- In the Special Instructions field, enter your course name and section number from a previous semester if you are copying a course from Vista and want content copied into your new course. Also, enter any additional information as necessary, e.g. load students early, make the course available before the first day of the semester, etc. Please enter a specific date when you want to have the students loaded and make the course available to them.
NOTE: By default, students will be loaded 5-6 days before the start of the semester and your course will automatically become available on the first day of the semester.
- Click Continue.
- On the Review Request screen, review the information and click Submit.