- Records your webcam as well as your computer screen so the user sees a picture-in-picture of you
- Videos can be saved to your computer as an mp4, uploaded directly to YouTube or published to Screencast-O-Matic’s own video-sharing server (Instructors can create class channel in this server.)
- Since it is free, it limits you up to 15-minutes of recording and puts a small “Screencast-O-Matic” watermark in the lower left corner of the published video
- Easy to use
- Good quality of video and sound
- When you click your mouse, it highlights the cursor by inserting a yellow circle around it as well as creating an audible click
- Option for pausing the recording in process and adding captions into the published video
- Watch video in full screen mode
- No software downloaded required if you use Win PC with Java enabled browser (Java is installed.) Otherwise, you need to download “Screen Recorder Launcher and start recording in browser
- The recorder works on Windows or Mac PCs. Windows requires XP or later. Mac requires OSX 10.7 or later.
* There is Pro version $15/year. It allows you to record longer than 15 mins, do video editing, remove watermark, and more features.
Try Screen-Cast-O-Matic for Free