How to Delete Turnitin Grade Column from Blackboard
The way to delete a Turnitin grade column from the Blackboard Grade Center depends on how the Turnitin assignment was created.
- When a Turnitin assignment was created during the semester, you only need to delete the Turnitin assignment. The corresponding grade column will be removed from the Grade Center automatically.
- When a Turnitin assignment was copied from the previous semester, there are two options to delete this corresponding column. If you still have the Turnitin assignment in the Blackboard course, you can use the Option I. If you have already deleted the Turnitin assignment, you can use Option II.
Option I. Turnitin Assignment Still in Blackboard Course
If you have not yet deleted the Turnitin assignment in a copied course, you need to open the assignment before deleting it otherwise it will not delete the corresponding column in the Grade Center. Follow these four steps:
- From the Control Panel, click Grade Center > Full Grade Center. Check if the copied Turnitin assignment has the corresponding grade column.
- If so, locate the copied Turnitin assignment in the Course Content area where it is deployed, and click View/Complete to access this Turnitin Dropbox.
Note: The Turnitin assignment in the copied course is just an assignment “shell” and there is no real counterpart in the Turnitin server. This step is to trigger the correspondence.)
- Access the copied Turnitin assignment in Course Content again. Click the action link (Chevron icon) and select Delete.
Note: The Turnitin assignment is now deleted.
- Return to the Grade Center. You will see this corresponding grade column is now removed from the Grade Center.
Option II. Turnitin Assignment Deleted from Blackboard Course
If you have deleted the Turnitin assignment, you can’t delete the corresponding column from the Grade Center. But, you can hide the grade column from you and students view Follow these four steps.
- From the Control Panel, click Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- Click the down-arrow button in the column of Turnitin assignment you want to hide.
- From the drop-down option, select Edit Column Information.
- On the Edit Column page, scroll down to Options, and select No on both “Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations“ and “Show this Column to Students.” Then, click Submit.
- Go back to the Grade Center, and click the down-arrow button in the same column again.
- From the drop-down option, select Hide from Instructor View.
- How to View Students’ Discussion Statistics in Blackboard
- How to Add Library Reserves to a Blackboard Course
- How to Block Download from Videos on OneDrive
- How to view your Course Accessibility Report in Blackboard
- UHCOM-eMedley Comprehensive Guide to examN
- UHCOM-eMedley: How to Import Questions to a Question Bank
- UHCOM- eMedley- How to Edit Questions in a Question Bank
- UHCOM-eMedley: How to Create Scenario Based Question