Getting Oriented with Blackboard
In the Original Course View, you can easily navigate, provide content, edit items, and change options that affect how users interact with the interface.
- On “Home” tab, you can access your course, under “Course List” module.
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON .
- On the left-hand side, there is a Course Menu which is the central access point for students to access the content.
- To hide the Course Menu entirely to allow more room for content, click on the arrow < that pops up on the right edge of the menu (optional.)
Note: This arrow might not be shown in some browsers.
- To add a new Course Menu item, click + button on top left corner.
- Select the item you want to add.
- Enter a name and click Submit. The new item is created, and the link appears.
- Rearrange the Course Menu itmes by dragging them to new locations. You may also use the Reorder: Menu Items icon.
- The action link next to each Course Menu item allows you to delete, hide, and rename the item.
- “Home Page” is the default new start page for new courses, but instructors can change it. This module informs you and students of new content and due dates. For example, the “What’s New” module contains links to new content, assignments, tests, unread journals, blogs and discussion posts and gradable wiki attempts.
- To add a new course module, select Add Course Module. To remove a module, click the circle x.
- To customize the Home Page display by dragging modules or by using keyboard accessible rendering tool.
- Some modules have the contextual menus which show you module options such as dismissing notifications or expanding in sections.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser