How to Lock a Discussion Thread, yet Allow Students to Read Posts
You can “lock” discussion threads in Blackboard so that new posts are disabled, yet students can read all existing posts. Follow these steps to lock a thread:
- In the “Course Menu,” click Discussions link.
- Click a Forum title to open the Forum.
- Make sure List View button is selected.
- Select the checkbox of a thread you want to lock
Note: Select all threads by checking the box to the left of “Date” in the header.
- Click the Action link (Chevron icon) and choose Lock for the selected thread.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam