How to Lock a Discussion Thread, yet Allow Students to Read Posts
This tutorial is under revision ……
You can “lock” discussion threads in Blackboard so that new posts are disabled, yet students can read all existing posts. Follow these steps to lock a thread:
- In the “Course Menu,” click Discussions link.
- Click a Forum title to open the Forum.
- Make sure List View button is selected.
- Select the checkbox of a thread you want to lock
Note: Select all threads by checking the box to the left of “Date” in the header.
- Click the Action link (Chevron icon) and choose Lock for the selected thread.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser