How to Create a Blackboard Collaborate Session
Blackboard Learn has a built-in virtual classroom system called Blackboard Collaborate. You can use Blackboard Collaborate to meet with your class synchronously at a predetermined time. You can also record lectures in Blackboard Collaborate and have students view them at their convenience. Follow the instructions below to create and deploy a Blackboard Collaborate session.
Step I: Schedule a Session
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate.
- Click the Create Session button.
- Edit the session name, if desired.
- Set the Start Date and End Date.
- Edit other settings as desired.
- Click Save to create the session.
Step II: Deploy the Session
After the session has been created:
- Click on the action link next to the session title and select Add Link.
- Select the content area where you’d like the Blackboard Collaborate link to display.
- Enter any optional instructions or display dates.
- Click Save to populate the session in the content area for students to access.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser