How to Create a Column in the Grade Center
You can add any columns in the grade center by using the Create Column function. To do so:
- In Control Panel, click Grade Center, and select Full Grade Center.
- Click on Create Column tab.
- Enter the Column Name.
- In “Grade Center Name” field, enter a shorter name if you want (optional.)
Note: In students’ grade book, they still see the column name.
- The “Primary Display” field shows the format in which grades will be displayed in both the Grade Center and students’ My Grades. Score is the default format. If you need a different format you can select it from the drop-down menu.
- The “Secondary Display“ field shows the format in which the grades will appear in the Grade Center only. You can make a selection in the Secondary Display or leave it as the default.
- You can associate this column with a category by making a selection.
- In the “Points Possible” field, enter the points possible.
- If this column will be included in the final grade calculations leave the default to Yes.
- By default this column is visible to students. Select No if you want the column hidden from students.
- If you need statistical data for this column select Yes. Otherwise leave it at the default setting.
- Click Submit to add the new column.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam