How to Create a Multiple-Choice Test in Blackboard
Most likely, you will use a test generating software to create your exam, e.g., Respondus, but for short exams, you can create them directly in Blackboard.
Part I : Creating a Test
1. From any content page, click Assessments tab.
2. From the drop down menu, choose Test.
3. To create a new test, click Create.
4. In “Test Information” page, enter Name, Description, and Instructions. Then, click Submit.
Part II : Adding questions to the Test Canvas
After entering the test information, the Test Canvas page appears, displaying the test name, description, and instructions.
- Click Create Question.
- From the drop down menu, choose the type of question you want to add, i.e., Multiple Choice.
- In the “Question” section, enter Question title and Question Text.
- In the “Options” section, choose an option for Answer Numbering, Answer Orientation, and Allow Partial Credit.
- In the “Answers” section, select the number of answer options, enter text for each option, and select the correct answer.
- In the “Feedback” section, add any feedback for the correct/ incorrect answers (optional.)
- If you don’t have more questions to create, click Submit. Otherwise, Submit and Create Another.
- When you have finished adding all necessary questions, click OK.
- The newly created test is shown in the “Adding an Existing Test” filed. Click Submit.
Part III : Deploying the Test
- In “Test Information” section, enter the content Link Description and select Yes to open test in new window.
- In “Test Availability” section, select the options you desired.
Note: DO NOT check the box for Force Completion. Because anything is wrong with the browser or computer and students get exit, they can’t go back to complete i
- In “Text Availability Exceptions” section, you only use it if you want to use exceptions can apply to individual students or groups of students.
- In “Due Date” section, enter the due date. Select the checkbox “Do not allow students to start the Test if the due date has passed” if desired
- In “Show Test Results and Feedback to Students” section, select the options you desired.
- In “Test Presentation” section, select the options you desired.
- Once all settings are determined, select Submit. The test is deployed in the Course Content and and a corresponding Grade Center column is created.
- How to Retrieve Questions from Canvas Quizzes
- Preparing Your Course for Canvas Migration
- How to take a Blackboard Quiz with Respondus Lockdown Browser (Student Guide)
- How to Take a Canvas Quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser (Student Guide)
- Canvas: How to Publish Your Exam from Respondus to Canvas
- Canvas: How to show the Final/Total Grade as a Letter Grade
- How to View Analytics for Media in Canvas Studio
- How to Add Annotations to Media in Canvas Studio