How to Create Announcements in Blackboard
Announcements are an ideal way to post time-sensitive information critical to course success.
- On the Control Panel, click Course Tools and select Announcements.
- Select Create Announcement.
- Enter a Subject, which appears as the title of the announcement.
- Enter your message which you can include text, images, and multimedia.
- In the “Web Announcements Options” section, you have an option to restrict the announcement by date.
- If you choose Not Date Restricted, the announcement is visible until you remove it.
- If you choose Date Restricted, select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Provide the date and time restriction settings.
- Select the Email Announcement check box to send students an email containing the announcement. However, the email is still sent to students even if this option is not selected.
- In the “Course Link” section, you have an option to add course content. Select Browse to link to a course area, tool, or item.
Note: Links to course content won’t appear in the email announcement if you choose to send one.
- Select Submit. A new announcement is created.
Note: If you don’t have an “Announcements” link in the Course Menu, you need to add one for students to view the announcements you created. How to Add a Link to the Course Menu
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix