How to Create Announcements in Blackboard
Announcements are an ideal way to post time-sensitive information critical to course success.
- On the Control Panel, click Course Tools and select Announcements.
- Select Create Announcement.
- Enter a Subject, which appears as the title of the announcement.
- Enter your message which you can include text, images, and multimedia.
- In the “Web Announcements Options” section, you have an option to restrict the announcement by date.
- If you choose Not Date Restricted, the announcement is visible until you remove it.
- If you choose Date Restricted, select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Provide the date and time restriction settings.
- Select the check box of Email Announcement to send students an email containing the announcement. However, this feature does not work with the Date Restricted.
Note: Students are still notified of this announcement in Blackboard “Global Navigation > Updates Page” even if this checkbox is not selected.
- In the “Course Link” section, you have an option to add course content. Select Browse to link to a course area, tool, or item.
Note: Links to course content won’t appear in the email announcement if you choose to send one.
- Select Submit. A new announcement is created.
Note: If you don’t have an “Announcements” link in the Course Menu, you need to add one for students to view the announcements you created. How to Add a Link to the Course Menu
- How to Retrieve Questions from Canvas Quizzes
- Preparing Your Course for Canvas Migration
- How to take a Blackboard Quiz with Respondus Lockdown Browser (Student Guide)
- How to Take a Canvas Quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser (Student Guide)
- Canvas: How to Publish Your Exam from Respondus to Canvas
- Canvas: How to show the Final/Total Grade as a Letter Grade
- How to View Analytics for Media in Canvas Studio
- How to Add Annotations to Media in Canvas Studio