How to Delete (Unneeded) Files in Blackboard Content Collection
- Log in to Blackboard and go into your course.
- Under Content Collection in the left-hand navigation, click on the Course title and ID.
- If having multiple pages in your course’s Content Collection, click arrow to move between pages or select Show All.
- Locate a duplicated or unneeded file. select the action link next to the file name and select 360oview to check if the file is in use.
- Scroll down the page to the “Links” section. It will tell you if and/or where a file is linked in the course.
- Check the box next to the file you wish to delete.
- Click Recycle button.
- A pop-up box will appear for you to confirm the deletion. Click OK.
- A message “Success: Items move to Recycle Bin” will show at the top.
Note: If you begin to delete a file that is linked without checking the 360° view, you will see the following warning message. You can cancel the Delete action if you want to retain the file.
Need more help?
Live Blackboard Support
Faculty Learning Opportunities
- Ally in Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas: How to Restore Deleted Items or Files
- Canvas: How to Create a Graded Discussion
- Canvas: How to Copy All Course Files from Blackboard to Canvas
- How to Bulk Download all Blackboard Files
- Canvas: How to Navigate between Courses using the Global Navigation and Dashboard
- Canvas: How to Check for Broken Links in your Course
- How to Request a Canvas/Teams Course