How to Send Email in Blackboard
In Blackboard, you have several options to communicate with your students. This tutorial discusses the use of the Email tool to communicate with students. Email messages are sent to the recipient’s external email address as listed in PeopleSoft. Learn keeps no record of the sent emails. All sent messages and replies can be accessed through your external email client. The Email tool does allow you to manage who student can access from Learn. Click here to learn more about managing student email options.
To send an email to some or all users in your course:
- From the Course Menu, click Email. If you do not see the “Email” link in the Course Menu, click Control panel > Course Tools >Send Email.
- On the “Send Email” page, click one of the options listed to send the email, for example, Single/Select Users.
- For the Single/Select Users, select the recipients in the “Available to Select” box and click the right-pointing arrow to move them into the “Selected” box. A back arrow is available to move a user out of the recipient list. Click Invert Selection and selected users are no longer highlighted and those users that are not selected will be highlighted. You can also use the Select All function to send an email to all users.
- Type a Subject.
- Type a Message.
- Optionally, select the Return Receipt box to send a copy of the message to the sender.
- Click Attach a file to browse for file from your computer.
Note: You can attach multiple files. After you add one file, the option to attach another file appears.
- Click Submit.
Note: A receipt page appears after the message is sent listing all recipients. The receipt page does not confirm that users received the message. It only confirms that the message was sent.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser