How to Make the Sign-Up Sheet Available to Students
Note: Before students can access and select a group they want to join, you need to create Self-Enroll Group. How to Create Self-Enroll Groups
Once you have created the self-enroll groups, you’ll need to add a “Group Sign-Up” link in your course to allow students sign up a group. You can add this link either in Course Menu or in the Course Content.
Option I. Course Menu
- Hover over the + icon at the top of the course menu until the drop-down options appear.
- Select Tool Link.
- In the “Name” field, add a name. e.g. Group Sign-Up.
- In the “Type” field, select Groups.
- Select the check box Click Available to Users.
- Click Submit.
- The “Group Sign-Up” link is added into the Course Menu.
Option II. Course Content
- Locate a course content page, select Tools, and click Groups.
- Click the radio button Link to a Group or Group Set.
- Select the group you want to link to from the group sets listed and click Next.
- Enter any instructions for students in the text field and click Submit.
- A “Group Sign-Up” link appears on the Course Content page.
How Students Enroll a Group
- Click Group Sign-Up Link either in Course Menu or Course Content
- In the Sign-Up Sheet, a page with all group is listed. Click to sign-up button to select a desired group.
Note: Groups that are already full will not display a “Sign Up” button.
- The student’s name is shown under the Group Properties.
- Once students join a group, a “My Groups” link is added to students’ Course Menu.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam