How to Merge Class Sessions into a Teams Class
UH Office 365 administrators can’t merge class sessions for instructors in Microsoft Teams. If an instructor wants to merge the multiple class sessions into a Teams class, they can use the following steps based on each scenario.
Scenario One: The instructor has not created any Teams class
- Create a new Teams class without loading any students.
- Click the … (More Options) next to this Team name. Select Add Member.
- In the search field, type each course group name, such as CHEM3331. Select one course group and click Add.
- Repeat the step 3 to add another course group. Click Close after all desired course groups added.
Note: These manually added groups will not be synchronized with the Registrar roster. The instructor will have to re-add all groups to reflect changes in the roster.
Scenario Two: The instructor already created Teams class for each session
The instructor already created Teams class for each session with students loaded. Therefore, the instructor can add one group into the other group.
- Locate one existing Team class.
- Click the … (More Options) next to the Team name. Select Add Member.
Note: This step is to add one course group into the other.
- In the search field, type the other group name, such as CHEM3331. Select the course group and click Add.
Note: The manually added group will not be roster synced. Instructor will have to re-add the group to reflect changes in the roster.
- Click Close after the course group is added.
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix