How to Prevent Students from Emailing Each Other through Blackboard
In Blackboard, you have two main options to communicating with your students – Messages and Email. With Messages, you do not have the ability to restrict who students can communicate with. However, the Email tool does allow you to determine who students can email.
Note: Although you do not have the Email link in the Course Menu, students can find the Send Mail icon in the Tool link.
To determine these settings:
- In the Control Panel, click Customization and select Tool Availability.
- Under the “Tool” column, find Email option and Available box is checked.
- Click the Email action link (Chevron icon) and select Email Settings.
- On the “Email Settings” page, uncheck the desired boxes to disallow students from emailing the listed users (e.g. only check the boxes for All teaching Assistant Users and All Instructor Users to prevent students from emailing each other).
- Click Submit.
Note: Students will now only be allowed to email the users you selected. You will still be able to email all users in the course.
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix