How to Prevent Students from Emailing Each Other through Blackboard
In Blackboard, you have two main options to communicating with your students – Messages and Email. With Messages, you do not have the ability to restrict who students can communicate with. However, the Email tool does allow you to determine who students can email.
Note: Although you do not have the Email link in the Course Menu, students can find the Send Mail icon in the Tool link.
To determine these settings:
- In the Control Panel, click Customization and select Tool Availability.
- Under the “Tool” column, find Email option and Available box is checked.
- Click the Email action link (Chevron icon) and select Email Settings.
- On the “Email Settings” page, uncheck the desired boxes to disallow students from emailing the listed users (e.g. only check the boxes for All teaching Assistant Users and All Instructor Users to prevent students from emailing each other).
- Click Submit.
Note: Students will now only be allowed to email the users you selected. You will still be able to email all users in the course.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam