How to Prevent Students from Emailing Each Other through Blackboard
In Blackboard, you have two main options to communicating with your students – Messages and Email. With Messages, you do not have the ability to restrict who students can communicate with. However, the Email tool does allow you to determine who students can email.
Note: Although you do not have the Email link in the Course Menu, students can find the Send Mail icon in the Tool link.
To determine these settings:
- In the Control Panel, click Customization and select Tool Availability.
- Under the “Tool” column, find Email option and Available box is checked.
- Click the Email action link (Chevron icon) and select Email Settings.
- On the “Email Settings” page, uncheck the desired boxes to disallow students from emailing the listed users (e.g. only check the boxes for All teaching Assistant Users and All Instructor Users to prevent students from emailing each other).
- Click Submit.
Note: Students will now only be allowed to email the users you selected. You will still be able to email all users in the course.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser