How to Send Course Message to Students Within Blackboard
In Blackboard, you have several options to communicate with your students. This post discusses the use of Messages to communicate with students. Messages stay within Blackboard. You and your students will need to login to Blackboard to see and send any messages. Additionally, all sent messages are kept within a Sent folder in Blackboard.
To send a message to some or all users in your course:
- From the Course Menu, click Messages. If you do not see the “Messages” link in the Course Menu, click Control panel > Course Tools >Course Messages.
- On the “Course Messages” page, click Create Message.
- In the “Recipients” section, select To button to show a list of course members appears.
Tip: For Windows, to select multiple users in a row, press the SHIFT key and click the first and last names. To select users out of sequence, press the CTRL key and click each name needed. For Mac systems, press the COMMAND key instead of the CTRL key. You can also select all course members with the Select All function.
- In the “Select Recipients: To line” box, select the recipients and click the right-pointing arrow to move them to the Recipients box.
Note: You also can use the Cc, and Bcc functions to send the message to those users that may be interested in the message, but are not the primary recipients. When using Bcc, other recipients do not know that the users listed in the Bcc field are receiving the message.
- Type the Subject.
- Type the Body of the message. You can use the Text Editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia and Mashups. You only can attach files already in your Content Collection.
- Click Submit.
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix