New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
An upgrade to Blackboard Learn (summer 2021), brings an updated look to the content editing toolbar. You will see this anywhere you edit content in Blackboard: Announcements, Discussions, Assignment Instructions, Test Questions, etc. Students will also see this new toolbar.
The new toolbar has bigger icons with better spacing. Some of the icons have changed. If you are unsure of what the icon means hover your mouse over it to see the title. Here are some of the changes:
- Use the ellipses button (More…) to show or hide extra editing tools.
- New to the editor is an Accessibility Checker.
- Adding photos, files, or Mashups to the content area is now done using the “Add Content” button.
Here is a table showing some tool icons that have changed in the new editor.
|Tool||Old Icon||New Icon|
|Add File, Image, or Video|
|Add YouTube video|
|Accessibility Checker||Not available in the old editor|
|HTML editor / Source code|
For more details on the toolbar please see Blackboard’s Create Course Materials documentation or contact FDIS.
- How to Share File or Folder in UH SharePoint Server
- How to Add an Image with Alternative Text in the Blackboard Content Editor
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide