PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix
When you or students use the Chrome browser to view PDF files in Blackboard, you might only see the first page while the rest of the document does not load. This issue is caused by Chrome’s internal PDF viewer bug. There are three workarounds to correct the issue.
- Using Firefox browser to view the full PDF online.
- When using Chrome, download PDF. A “Sign in” message will be popped up. Click Cancel and download the file.
- Turning off the Fast Web View in PDF. The instructor must change it before uploading the file to Blackboard. The steps are described as below.
Note: You need Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat DC to change the setting.
- Right click on the pdf file and select Open with. Then, choose Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open the file.
- Click Edit tab, and select Preferences.
- Under the “Categories” section, select Then, uncheck Allow fast web view option and click OK.
- Click File tab, and select Save As. Find a folder and select Save.
- Re-upload and replace the existing PFD in Blackboard.
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix