How to Share OneDrive Files in Blackboard
If you have uploaded the course syllabus, assignments, or PowerPoint files in OneDrive, you can share these files in your Blackboard course.
Classroom Application: When you put syllabus or other course files in OneDrive and share in Blackboard, you can edit these files in OneDrive, and they will be reflected to Blackboard automatically. You no long need to download, revise, and upload these course files into Blackboard every semester.
- Upload course files to OneDrive. See Tutorial.
- Select the file you want to share, and click Copy link.
- A link to the file is created. By default, any UH students can edit this file. Click the right arrow to show the Link settings and make the change.
- In Link Setting:
a. Make sure People in University of Houston with the link option is selected.
Note: If you want any external uses to access this link, you can select “Anyone with this link.”
b. Uncheck Allow editing.
c. Check Block download if you only allow students to view the file.
Note: This option is not available for the video file.
d. Select Apply.
- Click Copy. Then, close the window
- Go to your Blackboard course. Click “Build Content” tab, and select Web Link.
- In the “Create Web Link” window:
a. Enter the name for this link.
b. Press Ctrl + V keys together to paste this link.
c. In “Web Link Options” section, make sure Yes is selected.
Note: If you select No, the file can’t be opened.
d. Click “Submit.”
- A file is shared in Blackboard course content.
Note: If you edit the file in OneDrive, it will be updated to Blackboard automatically.
- Blackboard-to-Canvas Tool Comparison
- How to Fix Accessibility Issue in Blackboard Course Collection
- How to Delete (Unneeded) Files in Blackboard Content Collection
- How to Generate Transcript for Video Uploaded to OneDrive
- How to Download and Use JAWS Screen Reader
- How to Use Request Files in OneDrive for Large-File Submission
- How to Enable a Calculator with LockDown Browser
- How to View/Download Turnitin Feedback from Blackboard – Students