How to Download Captions in YouTube
In addition to having the videos captioned, it’s a good practice is to have the captions readily available as a transcript in a format that can be easily downloaded by students. Here are the steps:
- Go to your video in YouTube.
- Click on the three dots located in the bottom panel of the video and click Open Transcript.
- Once you click that the transcript will open in a box next to the video.
- Click on the 3 dots that appear in the top panel and click Toggle timestamps.
- That will turn the time stamps off and leave only transcript text in the box.
- Highlight the text and copy paste it into notepad or a Word document.
- For quick formatting of the text you can use TEXTFIXER or a similar website.
- In the TEXTFIXER website, choose ‘Text Tools’, and then select ‘Remove Line Breaks from Text’.
- Select ‘Remove line breaks’ option and paste the text copied from YouTube.
- The box below will give you text without line breaks.
- Copy paste this text into a Word document.
- Review the document to make necessary corrections.
- Convert the Word document into a pdf format before uploading it into Blackboard.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam