How to Download Captions in YouTube
In addition to having the videos captioned, it’s a good practice is to have the captions readily available as a transcript in a format that can be easily downloaded by students. Here are the steps:
- Go to your video in YouTube.
- Click on the three dots located in the bottom panel of the video and click Open Transcript.
- Once you click that the transcript will open in a box next to the video.
- Click on the 3 dots that appear in the top panel and click Toggle timestamps.
- That will turn the time stamps off and leave only transcript text in the box.
- Highlight the text and copy paste it into notepad or a Word document.
- For quick formatting of the text you can use TEXTFIXER or a similar website.
- In the TEXTFIXER website, choose ‘Text Tools’, and then select ‘Remove Line Breaks from Text’.
- Select ‘Remove line breaks’ option and paste the text copied from YouTube.
- The box below will give you text without line breaks.
- Copy paste this text into a Word document.
- Review the document to make necessary corrections.
- Convert the Word document into a pdf format before uploading it into Blackboard.
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix