How to Get Started with Respondus Software
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Microsoft Word, Notepad, or WordPad. However, it is for Windows only. UH has an institution site license and many instructors have used Respondus to upload quizzes and exams in word file format into Blackboard.
To get started using Respondus:
- Download the Respondus software which is for Window only. Before downloading the software, you need to login with your CougarNet. Then, scroll down to the end of webpage and select “Utilities” to see the Respondus software.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the password information once you have downloaded the Respondus. After opening the Respondus, you may need to check if an update is needed. To do so, click “Help” from the menu, and select “Check for Update.”
- Attend a training offered by FDIS. Please email email@example.com to schedule the training.
- View tutorials to learn how to set up an exam in Respondus and upload to Blackboard course.
- Download this Respondus User Guides and keep it as a resource.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser