How to Manage Notifications in Microsoft Teams
In Microsoft Teams, you will get notifications when any new activity arrives from chats, channels, @mentions, and Teams. However, you might get overwhelmed by receiving too many notifications a day. This tutorial shows you how to manage Teams notifications.
In Teams notification, there are three primary options as below:
- Banner and email: a banner message and an email with the notification information.
Note: On Windows, banner message notification pop-up in the bottom right of your screen. On MacOS, they show in the top right.
- Banner: only the banner message
- Only show in feed: all notifications are only visible in the Activity feed in upper left corner of Teams
- Select your profile picture at the top right corner of Teams.
- Select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- In each type of activity on Teams, click the individual drop-down arrow and choose what option of the notification you want.Note: To turn off audio notification, scroll down to the “Other” section, click on the drop-down arrow next to ‘Notification sounds’ and select Off.
To find for more information about managing notification in Teams, visit Microsoft support site.
- How to Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows or Mac OS
- How to Use Blackboard Annotate – NEW ***
- Blackboard Annotate Overview – NEW ***
- How to create NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- UHCOM – Export Alignments by Session (Faculty)
- UHCOM – How to use NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- How to Reduce Background Noise in Teams Meeting
- PDF File Issue in Chrome & Fix