How to Mute Student Comments in Microsoft Class Team
You might have students making inappropriate comments in your Microsoft Class Teams or students arguing with each other in Chat. You can mute students from commenting in class conversations. This means the muted students can no longer post or reply in class conversations. However, you can un-mute students at any time.
- Locate a class Team. Click the 3 dots … (More options) next to the Team name.
- Select Manage team.
- Select the Members and guests tab. You will see your students listed.
- Under the “Mute students” column, select the checkmark box to prevent students from commenting or select the top checkbox to mute ALL students at once.
Note: Un-mute students by returning to settings and de-selecting the checkbox next to their names.
Need more help?
- Canvas: How to use New Analytics to view Course Statistics
- New Course Template
- How to copy individual quiz that has questions linked to Question Banks
- How to View Student CougarNet IDs in the Canvas Gradebook
- How to Submit Assignment on Behalf of Student as An Instructor
- How to Grade a Quiz by Question
- How to Create a PointSolution Account & Registration Subscription (COM)
- How to Add a Custom Link to Course Navigation