How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
After students have completed a test with Respondus Monitor you can review the video recorded during the test for each student. Students with a high review priority will be flagged for easy identification.
Warning: If students with high review priority due to the low facial detection, you can check students’ test duration first. Tests that take less than 1 minute often get flagged as “high.” This situation most likely occurs in the Practice Exam. In addition to the short test duration, the low facial detection can be flagged in the following conditions.
- Low light
- Busy background or the background is brighter than the face of the students (lights/lamps/window even small ones, shining behind them)
- People walking behind
- Low video quality
- Too close to the camera
- Movement in the background
- The student’s face is turned away from the webcam or heavily cropped in the video (e.g., you can only see the student’s nose and above)
- In Blackboard click Course Tools, then select Respondus LockDown Browser. Note: If the “About LockDown Browser” screen is shown, click Continue to LockDown Browser.
- Find the test you want to review, click the action link (Chevron icon), and select Class Results.
- Click the plus icon next to the student you want to review.
- Review the flags noted. Hover the mouse over explain to learn why the video was flagged.
- Click the Milestones checkbox to see different timestamps in the video that you click on to start the video from that point.
- Click Add Notes to write notes for yourself about the video.
- Below the video are the student photo, student id photo, environment video, pre exam, and exam start.
- When finished reviewing you can mark the video as reviewed by clicking the circle icon in the Reviewed column of the table.
- How to Retrieve Questions from Canvas Quizzes
- Preparing Your Course for Canvas Migration
- How to take a Blackboard Quiz with Respondus Lockdown Browser (Student Guide)
- How to Take a Canvas Quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser (Student Guide)
- Canvas: How to Publish Your Exam from Respondus to Canvas
- Canvas: How to show the Final/Total Grade as a Letter Grade
- How to View Analytics for Media in Canvas Studio
- How to Add Annotations to Media in Canvas Studio