How to Take a Canvas Quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor (Student Guide)
- Open LockDown Browser (LDB) on your computer, and check software update.
Note: the if you have previously installed LDB on your computer for use with UH Blackboard Learn the same program will work with Canvas. Check for updates to make sure you are using the latest version. Click here if you need to download and install the Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select CanvasUHProd as the server.
- Click OK.
- LDB will prompt you to close any programs that can’t run while LDB is running. Click Close Process for each program to continue.
- Log in to Canvas using your Microsoft 365 @cougarnet.uh.edu username and password. You will have to complete two-factor authentication.
Note: If you can take a Canvas Quiz in CASA Testing Center, you will not need to do the two-factor authentication.
- Once logged in navigate to your course to take the quiz.
- If your quiz is also using Respondus Monitor, you will have to complete the webcam setup process before starting the quiz.
Need more help?
- How to Solve Respondus LDB or Monitor Issues Reported by Students
- How to View All My Canvas Courses as An Instructor
- Tips for Turnitin Issues
- How to Change Assignment Dates for Incomplete Students
- Canvas: How to use New Analytics to view Course Statistics
- New Course Template
- How to copy individual quiz that has questions linked to Question Banks
- How to View Student CougarNet IDs in the Canvas Gradebook