TP8: How to Add a Countdown Timer into PowerPoint Polling
If you want students to respond a polling question within a certain amount of time, you can add a countdown timer into the polling slide. A countdown timer provides participants with a visual cue that polling is about to close as it counts down to zero. When the countdown expires, the countdown timer disappears and polling is automatically closed.
- Open up TurningPoint Software.
- Log into Turning Point Account.
- In TurningPoint dashboard, click PowerPoint Polling.
- Click File > Open, select a PowerPoint Polling file.
- Select a Polling slide you want to add the countdown timer. Click TurningPoint tab > Objects > Countdown > select a desired countdown timer.
Note: Adjustable timer is recommended because it offer the flexibility of adding or reducing seconds during the polling
- The countdown timer location will be shown at the bottom right of the polling slide.
- To adjust the time, under the “TurningPoint” tab, click Side Panel.
- A slide panel is shown. Scroll down on the Side Panel and click on the black triangle next to the “Counter Timer” to display the options.
- Enter a value into the “Countdown Seconds” box.
- To save the change, choose File > Save.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam