How to Import Questions with Respondus
Respondus software allows you to import exam questions from other formats such as, Microsoft (MS) Word. It can import a multiple-choice, true-false, fill in the blank, or multiple answer questions.
Note: Before you can import test questions from Word file, you need to organized your Word file in a Respondus “Standard Format.” Please use “Help Topics” from the menu to properly format your exam file.
- In Start tab, make sure current personality is set to Blackboard.
- Click Import Questions.
In the “Import Questions” dialog box,
- Select the Type of file to be imported in the section 1.
- Click Browse next to File name in the Select the file to Import section.
- Locate the File that contains the questions and answers for the quiz and click Open.
- Enter a name for the new document in the section 2.
- Click Preview button in the section 3, to check for problems.
- If there are no significant warnings, click Finish. The Response file is saved.
- In Edit tab, edit or add to your questions, if necessary
- In Settings tab, configure various settings. Here you can set up your Random Blocks, as well as add settings for availability, feedback, etc.
Note: You also can configure settings after you upload your exam in Blackboard.
- How to Copy a File Link in OneDrive & Share with Instructor (Student Guide)
- How to Upload Video File to Microsoft Stream & Share the Video Link
- How Ally Works for Instructors
- How Ally Works for Students
- How Ally Looks in Content Collection
- How to Review Test Videos with Respondus Monitor
- How to Share Team Meeting Recording with Students
- How to Setup an Exam with Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser