How to Play Kahoot! in Class
Before playing a Kahoot! in classroom, you need to create a Kahoot! account and Kahoot! quiz. If you have not done them, you can view the following tutorials.
- Go to kahoot.com and login to your account.
- At the top of menu, click Kahoots tab.
- In Kahoots Quiz page,
a. Select the check box of a Kahoots quiz you want to play.
b. Click Play.
- Choose Classic (player vs. players) or Team mode (team vs. team with shared devices)
Note: In “Game Options,” you can customize point bonuses, name generator (auto-generated nickname to maintain student anonymity), randomization of questions and answers, two-step join for extra security (students enter the game pin and select the correct pattern), automatic transitions, and game pin display.
- The screen will now display the game lobby with the Game Pin # and joining instructions.
- Students enter the Pin # in Kahoot! mobile app or at kahoot.it on their devices (computer or mobile) and click Enter.
- Students enter a nickname and click OK, go! button, which will populate on your screen in the game lobby.
Note: Students also have an option of selecting an auto-generated nickname.
- You will see students that joined this Kahoot! Click Start on your screen to begin the game.
- The question and answer choices will be displayed on your screen, whereas student screens will display on the answer buttons.
Note: Students will select the answer choice corresponding to the button with the same color and shape as the answer choice.
- Once all the players have answered the question, the correct answer and a bar graph with the overall snapshot of the class responses will be displayed on the instructor’s screen.
- Click Next to move to the next question.
- At the end of each question, the Leaderboard will display the top five scorers.
- Once the game is over, winner information will be displayed in the Podium and the student screen will show their personal results and rank.
- Click Get Results to be able to save an Excel spreadsheet with results of student responses and scores.
Note: Students can rate the Kahoot quiz, and you can save those results as well.
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide
- How to Print Student’s Blackboard Test Attempt
- How to Prevent Images not Loading in Blackboard Exam