Introduction to New Stream Experience
Starting May 16, 2021 recordings in Teams will be saved in different locations. The location will depend on how the meetings are scheduled.
Note: This will not affect the interface or the functionality of Teams. The only change is where recordings get stored.
To view this video, you need to sign in UH Office 365.
Scenario I. Meeting Scheduled in Class Teams
If you are recording a meeting within a Team, whether it’s your class team, or a different type of team, the recording will be saved in the Recordings folder under the Files tab of the channel. The Recordings folder is automatically created.
- Follow the steps in Tutorial on How to Record a Meeting in a class Team. How to Attend and Record a Live TEAMS Meeting
- To access the recording, go to the channel, in this case, the General channel, and click on the Files tab.
- Click on the Recordings folder to access the recording.
- Click on the recording to view it.
- To download the recording, click on … (more options) and select Download.
Note: The recorded video is saved in UH SharePoint. You can share this recorded video with your class group. How to Share File or Folder in UH SharePoint Server
Scenario II. Meeting Scheduled in UH Outlook Calendar
If you are recording a meeting that is not within a Class Team, but is organized through your UH Outlook calendar, then it will be stored in your OneDrive, in a folder labeled “Recordings.”
- After the recording is done, go to Office 365 > OneDrive.
- Select My files and click Recordings folder.
- Click on the recording to view your recording.
- To download the recording, click Download.
Note: The recorded video is save in UH OneDrive. You can share this recorded video with your class group. How to Share File or Folder with Others in OneDrive
New Stream Limitations
Note: The new Stream portal, as of now, does not block the downloading of the content and does not provide transcripts. The Microsoft team is actively working on incorporating these functions, and they will be available in the near future.
If you want transcripts to be available for the recording, you can upload the recording to Classic Stream. How to Upload Video File to Classic Stream & Share the Video Link
The Classic Stream portal with all your previous recordings will continue to be available to you for the next year or so. But starting May 16th, the recordings, whether in Teams or from your UH Outlook calendar, will no longer load automatically in Classic Stream. If you want to continue sharing your recordings via Classic Stream, you will manually upload the file and set permissions as before.
Technical staff and several College Instructional Designers have been switched to the New Stream, so they are familiar with the new behavior and able to support you. Please review the support resources below for further assistance.
FDIS Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Share File or Folder in UH SharePoint Server
- How to Add an Image with Alternative Text in the Blackboard Content Editor
- How to Use the Zoom Meeting Scheduler Tool in Blackboard
- How to Use Negative Points for Incorrect Answers in Blackboard
- How to Request a Blackboard/Teams Class
- New Look for the Content Editor in Blackboard Learn
- Introduction to New Stream Experience
- Making Blackboard Courses Accessible – Quick Guide